Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Jack Mackerel

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated November 16, 2015]

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Probably did something really stupid (mostly with anti-aliasing), but with the latest (November 2) GZDooM build and the latest HD release, I get a weird black square if I try to zoom in with the marksman rifle. (I'm trying to get a picture, but prtscrn isn't cooperating.)

EDIT: It's not just the DMR rifle.
Big C

Post by Big C »

November 2nd? According to here...:

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

...The latest build is November 9th.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I've got November 9 and everything works fine for me. Might be a problem with your video settings/driver/etc.? Do other mods with camera textures have problems?

EDIT: Are you running any other mods? If so, see if you can isolate which other mod is causing the conflict.
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

I'm dumb, I meant November 9th. No other .wad is running, but I am picking up something about a missing token when it boots up. It may just be my driver acting funny, I'll do a beta update and retest.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I'M BACK!

SURPRISEEEEE!!!!

And to prove i'm not dead, THIS!

StatisticalHourglass

Post by StatisticalHourglass »

that level is a nightmare.
you did okay, maybe use rockets more. and were you saving that talisman for something? it could have helped.
how about we organize some coop/dm? anyone in?
Silentdarkness12

StatisticalHourglass wrote:that level is a nightmare.
you did okay, maybe use rockets more. and were you saving that talisman for something? it could have helped.
how about we organize some coop/dm? anyone in?
TRUST NOTHING!

It was the spur of the moment, I can never think of the high-value items when I need to. That includes the talismans.

Btw, when E2 starts up, i'll be remaking my custom HUD again. I think i've got it this time.

EDIT: Got E1M6 and E1M7 raw footage recorded. I feel like crying at how bad I did. I HATE JACKBOOTS SO MUCH.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

StatisticalHourglass wrote: some coop/dm? anyone in?
I am for it in spades. But thanks to my network situation, I have to use a (seemingly) rapidly decaying program called EvolveHQ to connect to other folks.

I'm not happy and I'm waiting for Zand to hopefully get enough support to get it
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Is evolve really dying? I guess it's all the better when zandro gets another update, can't be too long now until it can handle HD. All MP woes fade away and some proper non-laggy demon slaying operating can go down.

Krangling attacks still seem to favor their broken beam attack a good ways off - something that's just as dodge-able as the solid beam but without fear of a backwall right next to you catching the explosions. I used to call them HD's checkmaters but now that particular threat aspect doesn't seem to be around anymore.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Are you sure they're using the broken-beam attack and not their solid-beam? Now that the airburst (which was always a bug) has been removed they're a lot easier to deal with out in the open.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Had to be. But out in the open has always been easy with these guys even before you gave them the broken beam. It just seems that recently their role of sniper has been emphasized.
Silentdarkness12

@Slydir @Abba Zabba Sure seems like Evolve is dying. They're always constantly begging for monies now, and there's been long periods where I couldn't log in period, because their servers were overloaded with people trying to log in and such.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I can't put my finger on it but HD seems pretty damn on point lately. Anyway, just to clarify, the defused dud rocquettes are their own actor when dropped, right? Meaning there's three states; live, dud, and defused dud. If not, they should be, since having liabilites strewn about the battlefield make it pretty dangerous to go to certain areas. I'll check.

Edit: there doesn't seem to be any way to drop defused duds unless you put in a command through the console. Also, the blooper doesn't count as using rocquettes as ammo, so purge will throw them away. ALSO, the blooper doesn't show rocquette icon and count for hold-down-use inventory. Not that important, but the rocquette launcher already does it along with the mag weapons.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Duds should be dropped when you hit the drop key with the fist out. Seems like I forgot to name the proper actor. (And yes, they are separate actors.) Other bugs will also be fixed. (That last one was intentional until I realized that the dud counter was on the small icon.)
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated December 7, 2015]

Post by Matt »

Not much of a NEW UPDATE! but figured I'd get this out since it had bugfixes.

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Purge command did not account for blooper and purged rocquettes even when blooper was present.
  • Bugfix: Drop command for fist did not drop dud rockets.
  • Removed toggle run from custom menu now that GZDoom includes it natively.
  • Gave blooper same small-number HUD indicator as rocquette launcher when I realized that the indicator had a non-redundant dud counter.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”