Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
mumblemumble

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated May 18, 2015]

Post by mumblemumble »

I would totally give this a shot, except i would want to know how to spawn specific weapons for good balance . Also i am noobish with map making in terms of item placement. But i think making assault style maps would be a blast.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

I actually have about 2 levels worth of material in progress.
StatisticalHourglass

Post by StatisticalHourglass »

Slydir wrote:I actually have about 2 levels worth of material in progress.
yes, me too!
maybe we should put some maps together somehow, i might upload mine later if anyone wants them.
Big C

Post by Big C »

I am down for mapping as well. I need practice and this provides impetus.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated May 25, 2015]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Vulcanette offset would not reset after ejecting a mag while shooting. Reduced the offset amount while I was at it.
  • Bugfix: IED kit had super pickup sound.
  • Bugfix: Deadrifleman skipped gibbing check after the initial falling.
  • Bugfix: Apparently SXF_ABSOLUTEPOSITION in the gun smoker actor did not do what I thought it would do. I still don't know what it did. It's gone.
  • Bugfix: Exploding barrels could not gib corpses.
  • Bugfix: Picking up a map prevented you from picking up a map in another level.
  • Bugfix: Finally got rid of that blank BEHAVIOR lump that was spitting out that error message on the range.
  • Added some inaccuracy to the Vulcanette while it is spinning.
  • Plasma alt no longer airbursts.
  • Sight picture is now removed when you're holding down fire with no ammo and tilting the plasma gun.
  • Plasma alt can now gib corpses.
  • Plasma alt can now go up to 1024 DUs, and starts getting less powerful after 400 DUs.
  • Violently disabling IEDs is now a matter of chance rather than damage. Shooting them tends to give more reliable results.
  • Minor tweaks to fire. Slightly harder to put out now.
  • Changed sprinting so that you can only sprint forward. You can sprint further though, by about 10m give or take. Nope. Just can't get it to work right - either you go ridiculously fast or take ridiculously long to accelerate. (What I was trying to do was to replace a mere moving speed increase with actually throwing the player up and forwards to replicate actual sprinting. A lot more complex than I might have assumed.)
  • Greatly reduced recoil increase when firing on the move.
  • Plasma fire mode switching now takes a bit longer, while attempting to shoot while empty no longer gives you an awkward pause before you may switch or reload.
  • Pack of IED kits now has doomednum 23022.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

Vaecrius wrote:[*]Minor tweaks to fire. Slightly harder to put out now.
I die to fire ~90% of the time I light up. How could it get worse?!
Good to hear about the smoke actor though.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Yeah, I do too, even when I'm turning as fast as the game allows me to...

Good patch, anyway. A change to the sprinting system seems interesting but I just imagine that run looking kind of really silly in third person.
Big C

Post by Big C »

New Vulcanette is great. The momentary shake from ejecting a spent mag is perfect now, and the gun's no longer a sniper laser (although I can still hit the rearmost barrels at the range when braced, so it's all good).

Shotgun smoke is fixed. Did you improve the smoke in general, too? It looks a lot better on the shotguns now.

There's a new (very minor) bug with smoke when firing a rocquette (rocket mode) braced from a ledge in front of you, though. (Doesn't seem to happen with either crouch-bracing or grenade-mode). Nothing game breaking, there's just one smoke puff that seems very small, rather opaque, stationary, and right in front of you.

New T-Buster altfire is pretty good good and useful at substantially longer ranges. Thank you. I kinda think the T-Buster still may need more of a buff since one of the T-Buster's bigger features (having a high-power scope with a huge, clear FOV) isn't as big a deal after the enhancements all scopes recently received.

Thank you SO MUCH for the recoil decreases. One huge problem with the ZM66 I had was I'd have it set for full-auto for close combat, I'd be turning a corner (like in the opening corridors of D2M01), spot a zombieman coming down the hall, aim and fire, only to go horrendously wide because I hadn't QUITE stopped moving yet. It was annoying as all Hell and now it's much more reasonable.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

Partially copypasted from SidDoyle's Sneaky Doom/Dark Doom thread:

For some reason, playing Hideous Destructor with the Dark Doom mod enabled gives me an extra ZM66 rifle magazine when I start play as Medic---and no other class.

I have ZERO idea why.

On the subject of the medic, I forget why I ever asked for them to have rifles aside from a weird pedantic streak where I wanted EVERY weapon variant to have a 'home' in one of the loadouts, and after reading up on the subject I think it would make more sense for A) the medic class to be renamed to Corpsman, and B) ditch the rifle for more mags for their lone pistol as between that and the chainsaw and the berserk packs the medic/Corpsman's "speciality" seems to be more melee combat than anything (seriously, zerk pack + chainsaw = fun if you're feeling brave), and possibly C) change out the green armor for blue armor, to help their high-priority butts live longer, whether to help heal someone or charge in in a chainsaw-wielding roid rage.

Also, did you change how many cells the medic/Corpsman starts with? The manual says 6, the game says 3.

Also also, the DERP still doesn't seem to use your readied pistol when you deploy it, though it still uses a magazine.
Last edited by Big C on Mon May 25, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Big C, the RL smoke effect also happens while you're crouched on the ground, it's just easier to notice while you have it braced as the smoke is more in your face than on the floor. It looks kind of neat actually, like the smoke exhaust or whatever is being partially blocked so it builds up more. It does look kind of weird at the moment though, pretty stagnant and static. If it had more life to it I think it would make a neat effect.
Last edited by Abba Zabba on Mon May 25, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Ahhhh, I gotcha. Didn't notice it when firing from the ground---probably some height-related thing.

Relatedly, the manual still states that the rocquette launcher's rocket mode has a brief period of acceleration when now as of now the rocket is live the second you pull the trigger.
Last edited by Big C on Mon May 25, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StatisticalHourglass

Post by StatisticalHourglass »

if you walk back wile shooting the rpg and look down you will see a trail of smoke at your feet.
also, is it just me or do turettes always dodge in the same direction?
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

I'm heavily digging the gameplay videos that Fort Knox and his crew are putting out. I've never seen anything like it in Doom, HD feels like a TRUE test of your singular abilities to defy the insane odds of a possible victory. "Possible" :P I kept telling my friend how addicting this mod can be, with some maps taking me about 10-30 minutes on a short map like E1M2 or MAP02 for TNT - now that is a fucking challenge. Pardon my fingers. I'm downgrading from GZDoom to also make some gameplay videos to contribute to the buzz. It takes me back to Halo 4 when I would record my Team Slayer matches with just a smartphone while sharing tips on my play style. I get faster and faster the more I play HD, and occasionally I get bucked down by a Hunter shotty to remind me that this is a grown man's playground and ironically enough, I'm 22! SQUAD UP!
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

RUNSABER wrote:I'm heavily digging the gameplay videos that Fort Knox and his crew are putting out. I've never seen anything like it in Doom, HD feels like a TRUE test of your singular abilities to defy the insane odds of a possible victory. "Possible" :P I kept telling my friend how addicting this mod can be, with some maps taking me about 10-30 minutes on a short map like E1M2 or MAP02 for TNT - now that is a fucking challenge. Pardon my fingers. I'm downgrading from GZDoom to also make some gameplay videos to contribute to the buzz. It takes me back to Halo 4 when I would record my Team Slayer matches with just a smartphone while sharing tips on my play style. I get faster and faster the more I play HD, and occasionally I get bucked down by a Hunter shotty to remind me that this is a grown man's playground and ironically enough, I'm 22! SQUAD UP!
The world needs less guys trying to be hardcore by playing Amnesia or derivatives (with facecam of course*) and more guys trying to be hardcore by playing Hideous-motherfuckin'-Destructor on Youtube or Twitch. It turns men into real men, it turns women into real women, and turns robots into steel gods. That's how hardcore it is. So the more, the merrier.
Protip for recorders: Oblige maps with few enemies can up the ante dramatically as well, since there's no memorizing the terrain with them and can show the player's capability to improvise. (The "few enemies" is because if you try with "hordes"...you just won't win. Unless you have a team of 16 players. We can't just set unrealistic goals here).

*(Seriously what the hell is with people playing spoopy games and acting like babies every time there's a jumpscare? Not only the games aren't scary, but it makes them look like absolute fools with all the screaming and whatnot. That is the direct inverse of "hardcore".
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I have finished recording the raw footage for the next episode.....how am I feeling, do you ask? Hm, there's a good question. Maybe this is enough of an answer:

Big C

Post by Big C »

CAN YOU FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING YOU?

IS IT A GOOD PAIN?!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”