D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomguy5th

Re: D4D - v1.01.4 released (Aug 1st)

Post by Doomguy5th »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Summoner here shoots a projectile too, which can be dodged if you have enough space to run away from it. it's not a flame attack that envelopes you like the classic Archie.
Yep, even the DECORATE says the same thing too... That is one fast projectile indeed.
Megaherz wrote:Have some sprites:
Spoiler:
Also, here's a plug-and-play pk3 for those who don't want to wait for the update and want to shoot this guy in the face already:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5p5i0 ... ellbro.pk3
Load after D4D obviously.
That looks really good!
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

iSpook wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i guess it could also be a matter of enabling sv_unlimited_pickup in the console.
That too, but I don't like picking up a ton of it, I mostly just edited the ammo values to fall in line with vanilla Doom's ammo capacity.
I really wish this mod had vanilla Doom's ammo capacity as an option in the menu to enable/disable just like for the monsters. That's the only real serious complaint I have about this mod. Otherwise this mod is golden.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Agreed. It makes me overwhelmed with ammo i have and always feel easy to take them down. Otherwise it doesn't feel so great except you really like to hoard the ammo.

Like russian overkill. It's intentional with tons of ammo, but know what i mean.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i don't think the ammo is much of a problem, myself. yes, it's lower, but when you get too low, enemies will drop a little ammo on death so you're not entirely ammo-starved. plus, the chainsaw gives you ammo when you execute enemies, and you can damage enemies so as to conserve the amount of fuel you use on them. if the ammo caps were higher, you'd have no reason to actually use the chainsaw to keep your ammo reserves topped off, which would make you a bit too powerful as you'd easily have enough ammo to waste everything in sight.
KarolineDianne

Post by KarolineDianne »

Yeah, the dynamic of 'less ammo overall, but more ways to get ammo' works really well, in my opinion. Enemies drop ammo left and right. Maybe not always for the gun you're using right then, but for /something/. And if you have a chainsaw with fuel, you're one altfire on a zombieman away from full bandoliers.

Ultimately, I felt I could be way more liberal with ammo than usual in this mod. I felt like I could actually /use/ my rocket launcher where I'd normally be super stingy with it. because enemies will occasionally drop rocket ammo, and I can always play Chainsaw Pinata to get more ordinance in a snap.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And it makes the gameplay easier and never worry about the ammo, yeah. Point taken. But some people would never appreciate the tons of ammo drops instead of being thankful. Maybe they want to collect them all the use them as possible or play the game tactically, i guess.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Just a small update, we're not dead. Just dealing with usual autumn fuck-all coming around. For me, means back to college. Thing's aren't stopping, they're just slowing down a little.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

KarolineDianne wrote:Yeah, the dynamic of 'less ammo overall, but more ways to get ammo' works really well, in my opinion. Enemies drop ammo left and right. Maybe not always for the gun you're using right then, but for /something/. And if you have a chainsaw with fuel, you're one altfire on a zombieman away from full bandoliers.

Ultimately, I felt I could be way more liberal with ammo than usual in this mod. I felt like I could actually /use/ my rocket launcher where I'd normally be super stingy with it. because enemies will occasionally drop rocket ammo, and I can always play Chainsaw Pinata to get more ordinance in a snap.
I use the chainsaw all the time, just to gain more credits. I don't feel stingy at all about using whatever the hell I want for any situation. The only thing I'm mindful of is the BFG but that's it.

Remember kids, alt-fire's for gaining quadruple the points~! Remember to save some fuel for the really big fuckers. :mrgreen:
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

MensloWolf wrote:Last version of my logo:
Spoiler:
That's a very nice rendition, however, I have to admit that it's rather counter intuitive. The first one where you use doom4's logo alone and colored it like doom(1) would be awesome if the mod was just called "Doom". Or, it could've been great for DOOM(2016), the game.
Regarding the "doom 4 doom" version, I just think it looks backwards. The logos in that version basically say "Doom(1) for Doom(4)", since the coloring of the "Doom" on top is definitely a "doom1" style, and then the "doom" at the bottom has a "doom4" total whiteness style to it :P Still, it sure looks very nice!
Megaherz wrote:Have some sprites:
Man, that's just gorgeous!! Mind if i add it officially into D4D for the next release?

And about the Arachnotron recolor, sure, that'd be awesome! :D
KarolineDianne wrote:Yeah, the dynamic of 'less ammo overall, but more ways to get ammo' works really well, in my opinion. Enemies drop ammo left and right. Maybe not always for the gun you're using right then, but for /something/. And if you have a chainsaw with fuel, you're one altfire on a zombieman away from full bandoliers.

You get it a 100% right! :D

That's was the intention all along. Much like in doom4, is not about just stockpiling tons of ammo. It's about "im running out of ammo? quick, chainsaw and refill!". And considering how "common" i made the chainsaw ammo in D4D, I indeed never run out of ammo since I avoid doing finisher csaw kills on big monsters unless they have been weakened enough to just spend 1 ammo bar, so I get the best of both worlds: lots of ammo, lots of credits

Now, for something different...

This is just a bit of doombuilder practice. I havent mapped in years, and I just wanted to mess around with this idea. Two guys from our discord channel (Maxwell & Snivyus) are doing this same thing in their own style, but instead of modifying their work, I decided to mess around a bit and see how it'd look if I did it from scratch. Then again, as I've always said: Im not really a mapper. :oops: :P
VICE

Post by VICE »

DBThanatos wrote: Man, that's just gorgeous!! Mind if i add it officially into D4D for the next release?
That's what I made them for. :P

Spider guy:

I pretty much just cancelled the blue in all of the purple pixels, and used light shades of pink for the brighter areas.

I had an idea to recolor these guys to look more like the spider mastermind in Doom 4 (with white legs and a pink brain). I'll test that out on one frame in a bit to see how that looks.
Edit:

Yay/Nay?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Absolute yay! that's very, very nice
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Welp since this is related to Doom 4 i think this is a good place to i post a thing i did which may be useful...

Recently i've been playing with Doom 4 models and since no one found a way to reach the textures inside the MEGATEXTURES™ packages of the game due to encryption i made my own attempts of texturing them, but today i released i sprite version of the Hellknight.

Probably the next one is Baron of Hell and after him i'll probably take Pinky and done.
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

I just realized that the HAS/Minigun ammo is labeled "50mm" instead of ".50 Cal", that's 20mm above some anti-air cannons.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I've heard this question as well;
shotfan wrote:
The79thDudebro wrote: Also, the bullet pickup says "50mm rounds" while I'm guessing you meant to say ".50 Caliber rounds" since that's what the weapon codex in the new Doom says that's what the HAR fires. (50mm would be something like a cannon shell! Most autocannons only fire 25-30mm.)
Remember that HAR fires 12,7mm, whereas Chaingun is feed with 15mm, even though they share the same ammo type. So this conundrum needs another solution than changing millimeters into cals in the pickup message.
But neh, it's nothing important, i guess. Since doomguy is already a badass superhuman.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I was not saying that 50mm is too big for him, but that there are two weapons chambered in different calibers that use the same ammunition.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”