Swift Slaughter (Updated 5-18-17)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nevander

Swift Slaughter (Updated 5-18-17)

Post by Nevander »

(crappy 10 second CoolText logo FTW)

Slaughtermaps got you down? Can't seem to beat them? Is Hell just throwing too much shit at you for you to handle?
Destroy the hordes of demons with this new simple and effective WAD! Introducing... Swift Slaughter!

What this mod does:
- All weapons have infinite ammo (as if sv_infiniteammo 1 was set).
- All weapons fire super fast (as if sv_fastweapons 2 was set, some are even faster than the command!).
- All weapons raise and lower at twice the speed.
- All player fired weapon projectiles now travel at 120 speed (but don't worry, the ability only applies to rockets YOU fire).
- Ammo and the backpack is now redundant, so they are made invisible and will be automatically removed from the map when the map loads.
- BFG Ball is now invisible, because it's really obnoxious with sv_fastweapons 2 enabled and you spam it. Seriously, anyone ever noticed that?
- Some other crap I surely forgot.
- Oh yea, you can still die.

I made this because reasons. Best played with Holy Hell, Combat Shock 2, Chillax, Okuplok, or anything else where the author really wants you to die.
Disclaimer: Please don't take this mod seriously. It's meant to be for stress release, killing shit, making you feel better, and so on. Obviously this is cheating. :twisted:

Download (updated 5-18-2017):
SwiftSlaughter_5-18-2017.zip
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
Changes:
5/18/17
- Fixed an issue where the Pistol and Chaingun flash would only show up on first shot in newer GZDoom.
- Ammo will now actually be removed from the map instead of just invisible.
7/31/16
- All weapons now produce decals on walls when fired.
- Restored original Pistol accuracy to default (I had forgotten I made it perfect for testing).

Old versions:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Nevander on Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Swift Slaughter

Post by Captain J »

Now someone would love this mod if they don't want to be chaotic and overwhelmed by the weapons they're carrying! :D

But my only gripe is chaingun is now useless thanks to pistol's fast rapid firing and high accuracy. Also seeing the it-has-no-decals™ cliche on every weapons.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Captain J wrote:Also seeing the it-has-no-decals™ cliche on every weapons.
I must be out of the loop because I have no clue what you mean by that. :?
TheDoomctator

Post by TheDoomctator »

THIS! THIS IS fucking amazing mate.
It's a simple version of Russian Overkill (and by simple i mean only vanilla weapons) but still it's so as said there "stress releasing"
PS:The SSG Firing actually made me laugh like a idiot for awhile :D
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

TheDoomctator wrote:THIS! THIS IS fucking amazing mate.
It's a simple version of Russian Overkill (and by simple i mean only vanilla weapons) but still it's so as said there "stress releasing"
PS:The SSG Firing actually made me laugh like a idiot for awhile :D
Thanks haha. The SSG is actually one of the weapons faster than using sv_fastweapons 2. The reason for this is that since there's no ammo and the weapons are infinite already, I was able to remove A_CheckReload from it's Fire state, which removes one tic per fire; AKA even faster SSG. I could have simplified it even more and made it only fire again and again without the rest of the animation, but I wanted to stick true to the sv_fastweapons effect.
TheDoomctator

Post by TheDoomctator »

I wanted to stick true to the sv_fastweapons effect
And that there was a nice touch i give ya that...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nevander wrote:I must be out of the loop because I have no clue what you mean by that. :?
every weapons' puffs and projectiles has no Decals at all.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Captain J wrote:every weapons' puffs and projectiles has no Decals at all.
Fixed. I keep forgetting ZDoom applies decals to the originally named actors, and doesn't transfer the decal property to inherited actors. Pistol is also back to original accuracy.
GOODGOOD

Re: Swift Slaughter (Updated 7-31-16)

Post by GOODGOOD »

Well I do found this by myself but if you type "sv_fastweapons 3" it will properly increase the speed/rof/reload (speed) example: brutal doom
Nevander

Re: Swift Slaughter (Updated 5-18-17)

Post by Nevander »

Updated the file with a couple changes, making ammo actually get removed from the map and fixed vanishing flashes on some guns.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”