Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ArtVandelay

Re: BDJ - well I'll be damned, it works with Zand

Post by ArtVandelay »

SamuraiSTALIN wrote:Hey, Art! Get your own damn thread! :P

Actually, seriously you should make your own thread, please.
I don't think my edit warrants a new thread. It's still Johnny's mod but with a few tweaks and fixes. I will admit I derailed his thread a bit and I do apologize for that! My original post now asks people to PM me instead of posting here. I should have thought of that earlier. MY BAD!

No disrespect Johnny! PLS FORGIVE!
Doomguy141 wrote:No no the effects of the water the sounds of when bullets hit the water or when you run over it there is no sound being played. And I will leave the chain saw too Johnny maybe he can make the secondary attack feel more..grinding.
You're right! I mistook "SFX" for "special fx". Heh. The splish splash sounds are back in and ready to be downloaded. I also cleaned up some unused clutter. I definitely appreciate the bug reports! In the future, PM me! Thanks again!
Doomguy141

Post by Doomguy141 »

Roger that I also been working on this in my spare time mostly with sounds, I have given all pick ups different souns , updated some weapon sounds , demon sounds just doing this and that.
Doomguy141

Post by Doomguy141 »

Where is all da people gone to ? Its like every one gave up ?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Doomguy141 wrote:Where is all da people gone to ? Its like every one gave up ?
Proper protocol in this situation is to PM johnny (or the mod author in general) if you have any questions.
gabrieloup

Post by gabrieloup »

I tried this mod just now, and... Oh gosh. It's SO FUCKING GOOD! Now, the only thing I miss is telling monsters to fuck off and insulting them with taunts, but, otherwise, goodbye the old, shitty melee system that the old Brutal Doom has. This fucks BDV20B's melee system in the fucking ass! I hope this mod is updated once again with V20B's destroyable bodies, otherwise I don't think there's anything else to improve.
SSJMatt

Post by SSJMatt »

Well,yeah,this mod in particular was AWESOME.It's quite a shame that it got discontinued.....A rendition of this on BD20b would be wonderful !
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Unfortunately, johnny seems to be gone. :(

Oh well, might as well check to see if anyone else knows a fix to this problem.
I have encountered a problem with armor multiple times now. It seems that if you pick up armor while above 400 armor, you get a multiple of 400 in armor upon picking up green OR blue armor (800, 1600, 3200, etc.). I don't think this was intended. At least it's anoying running around with 9999 armor for 20+ maps.

Anyone know of a fix?
johnny

Post by johnny »

I've been thinking about BDJ a lot lately and decided I'd check this thread tonight just because. These posts just made me so happy.

I started working on this with regular v20 so that sucks since there's v20b now but I'm sure I can put the destroyable bodies in without too much trouble. I wanna do that, and add the smoothdoomer (from smoothdoomJ.pk3) playerclass to BDJ because BDJ is one stop shopping, baby. I don't even know why I made them separate in the first place. Everything else is done and polished to a brilliant shine. I haven't been totally idle this whole time.

I'M BACK, FELLAS
Big C

Post by Big C »

Holy shit.

JOHNNY LIVES.

PEACE THROUGH POWER.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

5 gorillion jubilations.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Awesome!!! Can't wait for the new version man!! UDV craves it!
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Holy hell! So happy I was wrong in my last post!

But still. Is the armor thing i mentioned intended?
johnny

Post by johnny »

It is not intended. No idea what causes that either. There's probably a maxarmor somewhere in the armor definition that I set to 9999 for the hell of it long ago.
affemaria

Post by affemaria »

OMG! BDJ is back! :D
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Seriously. I'm so excited about this I keep refreshing the page every 20 minutes or so. I know it's pointless, but damn. I was so sad when I came back after v20b came out and BDJ was MIA. Johnny - seriously, can't wait to see what you have done with it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”