Polyobject crushing walls

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

enderkevin13

Polyobject crushing walls

Post by enderkevin13 »

Okay, so we have crushing floors, crushing ceilings, Etc...

But isn't it about time we gave the same privilege to walls? So how this works, is that it would have properties similar to polyobject sliding doors, but instead, when triggered, the walls would slide in and crush you against the other side of the hall/room.

po: polyobject to move
speed: how quickly to move the polyobject
damage: how much damage to do when crushing
angle: direction to move the polyobject in (this is a byte angle)
dist: distance to move the polyobject
delay: delay in tics before returning to original position

If you want to add more onto this suggestion, feel free to, and I'll add it onto the list with credit.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Polyobject crushing walls

Post by Graf Zahl »

Crushing polyobjects have been a feature since Hexen, so what are you missing?
Gez

Post by Gez »

enderkevin13 wrote:If you want to add more onto this suggestion, feel free to, and I'll add it onto the list with credit.
heh.
Graf Zahl wrote:Crushing polyobjects have been a feature since Hexen, so what are you missing?
He's missing a read through the [wiki=PolyObjects]wiki[/wiki]. That said, I'm not aware of a way to customize how much damage the crushing and harmful pobjs do. Perhaps that could be done with one of the polyobject spot's args, I don't remember them being used for anything.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Correct. Funny enough they use the angle as their only parameter, presumably because they predate the Hexen map format.
Using one of their args as damage parameter sounds like a good idea, at least it should be easier to do than changing all the action specials. On the other hand, crushing damage by polyobjects is a lot less controlled than by floor and ceiling movers, so what can be done remains to be seen.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”