The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Nash

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Nash »

So apparently Amazon dot com bought CryEngine and rebranded it as their own free game engine, Lumberyard, which promises tight integration with Twitch and Amazon Web Services...

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/

I tried CryEngine a long time ago but its documentation was very scarce, then I gave up. Looks like they've added some node-based scripting like Unreal Engine 4 though...

What I am actually more surprised to hear about is Amazon getting into games development. o_O
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

My dorm (BTW I'm at a boarding school, not college) instituted a rule where everyone in the dorm can only play video games from 8:30-10:00 PM. It sucks.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Nash wrote:So apparently Amazon dot com bought CryEngine and rebranded it as their own free game engine, Lumberyard, which promises tight integration with Twitch and Amazon Web Services...

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/

I tried CryEngine a long time ago but its documentation was very scarce, then I gave up. Looks like they've added some node-based scripting like Unreal Engine 4 though...

What I am actually more surprised to hear about is Amazon getting into games development. o_O
It's a fork of CryEngine - Amazon paid something like $50 million to get the rights to do that, and Crytek kind of didn't have much room to argue since they were on the brink of bankruptcy at the time. They plan on diverging further from Crytek's code as time goes on.

As for Amazon's gamedev aspirations, they bought Double Helix (Strider reboot, Killer Instinct Season One) a few years ago as the base for their own dev studio, but up until now they've mostly been doing mobile stuff. Sounds like they're expanding out...

As for my day, I'm a boring piece of shit so I've never broken anything or whatever before, so today was the first time I've ever gotten an X-Ray to figure out what's wrong with my organs.

For what was essentially having a photograph of my insides taken with a blast from a radiation gun, it was depressingly uneventful. There wasn't even a cool electromechanical whining sound!
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

The color blind test is actually a pretty good way to trick your mind to believing that there are 2 numbers.

Its actually a brain teaser from the show called Brain Games.
It looks like your seeing 2 different numbers there 74 and 71 but there's actually one number but your eyes and your brain are thinking that there 2 numbers there. The right answer to that color blind picture is 74.

And yes its a common thing that you do when you visit your eye doctor.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1455129312068.jpg
Last edited by Hellsmith1 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

74?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm sure if anyone of us were color-blind on this forum, we'd have noticed it by now...
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

21, to this day, I'm still pissed off at color blindness tests. Long story.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

I believe it's 71.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

YukesVonFaust wrote:I believe it's 71.
Intresting. Depending on the shading around the 1, it could be argued that it's 71 or 74, as there is distinctive shading for the crossbar, but not actually quite the same colour as the 1.
It should be noted that these tests are not designed to be jpeg compressed or resized for this exact reason, which is why I wonder why hellsmith even bothered to upload it.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I have bad eye sight so in a quick glance it looks like 71, BUT I can see it as 74 if I squint/look closer
Blox

Post by Blox »

Nash wrote:I have bad eye sight so in a quick glance it looks like 71, BUT I can see it as 74 if I squint/look closer
It's due to the color quantization artifacts. It's supposed to be pretty clearly 74.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

I see 24.
I've been diagnosed with what I can only call a "shade deficiency", in the sense that I'm not colourblind, but there are certain shades of colour that I can't distinguish between.
Yet, in the very same eye checkup I was diagnosed in, I took a test that's often used when applying for a driver's license, and to my shock and my doctor's, I got it 100% correct. Twice. So go figure
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

21...? Anybody...?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

to me, i see 24. glad my glasses does its work as always.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I really doubt anyone here is making mistakes due to poor vision instead of that horrible JPEG quality.

Return to “Off-Topic”