Breezeep

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Breezeep »

Cinemagraphs of Retro games are cool

Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

DoomRater wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:was [The nerd movie] a good watch? i've heard mixed reactions about the film.
I stopped about 46 minutes in but I'll be finishing up when I have time on my hands. I am loving it but I can see exactly why there are haters. People probably expect a AAA movie experience and get 2 hours worth of Nerd jokes and think he's just cashing in when he probably LOST money on the movie. But if you don't like his general humor then it's not going to go over well. Expect lampshades on anything reasonably ridiculous but also expect elephants that make even LESS sense. But that's not why I'm watching it. I'm watching it for all the Nerd stuff and for the pretty convoluted plot that's about to go together better than Xehanort going back in time to find several copies of Xehanort. Then again that's not saying much either.... I'm just enjoying the ride like a mindless fan.
so it's basicallly a feature-length Nerd episode of sorts? i can dig that, and honestly, with all the B-movie quality of James' other projects, were people really expecting any different with this thing? i guess people dislike it because it's a bunch of Nerd in it, and all the Nerd episodes are free. i've even seen complaints about how Kickstarter donors were angry because they didn't get a free ticket to see the thing when it was done. that's not what Kickstarter is about, though, Kickstarter is to give independent creators the ability to create something possibly large-scale. James been dreaming of making a feature-length film with a lot of bonus shit on the Blu-Ray release, and that's exactly what he's done now. whether i find it to be any good or not is an entirely different story, but he made something he wanted to do, and i can be happy for that.
Big C

Post by Big C »

TheBadHustlex wrote:Too bad that this had to happen.
I've watched Team Fabolous for like a million times, and it was always entertaining...
wildweasel wrote:I've gone and done it
The rant against this mod is quite ridicioulus, but on the other side, there really isn't anything else you can do in order to keep it peaceful here.
People can still make threads for submods (like Sperglord Edition) all they like. We're just trying to weed out the redundant rantings on Sarge being an asshole and the useless posts of people who only come to zdoom.org for Brutal Doom and completely fail at reading comprehension when it comes to whether or not a mod author says he's making a mod with BD in mind. Don't play victim here.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Sorry for finding it weird that it came that far. I'll try to see it as a normal thing that the community can't handle such things in the future.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TheBadHustlex wrote:Sorry for finding it weird that it came that far. I'll try to see it as a normal thing that the community can't handle such things in the future.
Just quit bringing it up, is all I ask.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I just tried to explain that I don't see myself as a victim.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

TheBadHustlex wrote:I just tried to explain that I don't see myself as a victim.
Quit bringing it up.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

That's A+-mod-work.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

TheBadHustlex wrote:That's A+-mod-work.
You've been warned twice, and your response was sarcasm. I take that as a sign that you should go away for a week.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

XanderK9
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by XanderK9 »

Very nice! :)
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

One down, two to go.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Enjay wrote:No, I just copied the port into a hard-drive folder, copied across doom.wad and ran the program. I'm running it on an emulation of an A4000 though. It works nice and quickly on a A3000 too but the colours look a bit odd. I was able to get it running on a A1200 emulation after allocating a load of extra memory to it, but it ran too slowly to be playable.
When I looked into Amiga emulation last it was very euro-centric with PAL and all that. Ditto for C64 emulation. I never got my decades of 50hz exposure :(

Wish there was a core for libretro so i can retroarch it with all the ntsc tv postprocessy shite on. My Amiga 500 is dead :(

You should try PCem , though it's best to compile a build yourself from its mecurial as it made great strides in recompiler stuff and Pentium support so you could play Doom in DOS for "real" again with it set to emulate whatever 386/486 CPU you had! It can even emulate the Amstrad MegaPC!!!!!*
*pc portion only
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

leileilol wrote:When I looked into Amiga emulation last it was very euro-centric with PAL and all that. Ditto for C64 emulation. I never got my decades of 50hz exposure :(
There seem to be very few NTSC Amiga disc images floating around the internet. There are a number of possible reasons for this: Fewer NTSC-only games released, fewer NTSC games dumped to disc images due to the massive Euro population in the Amiga piracy scene, NTSC versions typically being worse or buggier (NTSC Golden Axe is apparently unwinnable due to a botched print run, for example)...

Point of the matter is, it's not an enormous deal since pretty much any Amiga system produced after the ECS chip's release in 1990 (Except the CD32, I believe) could switch between PAL and NTSC modes on a whim. As such, it's only really a problem if you've either got a very old Amiga 500, you're trying to use composite video to hook a PAL system up to an NTSC TV, or you're using a CD32 so that you can play those "100 GAMES ON A SINGLE CD-ROM HEAVEN FORBID" multicartdisks.

None of which really factors into emulation, but hey, it's not like this thread can get off-topic.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

leileilol wrote:You should try PCem...
Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at PCem a couple of times but never got to the point of setting anything up. I think, probably, because almost everything PC-wise that I want to run I can either run satisfactorily for my needs under DOSBox or it still runs under Win7. Sooner or later I will probably set it up just for the hell of it though. I quite often run Win 3.1 under DOSBox so it might be fun to get that running in a more authentic environment.

Return to “Off-Topic”