The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
grouchbag

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by grouchbag »

Hellsmith1,either go to a Walmart,or Target.My laptops are not gaming computers,and they do just fine.They both have 4gb memory,500gbs of hard drive space. Have you thought of buying a Compaq? Or an Acer? Sure,they might be cheaper,but if you take good care of them,they'll last a while.I have to agree with other people though,a desktop would be the way to go.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

My advice to you, Hellsmith: don't buy a laptop with ANY expectation of it running The Latest, Greatest Games. It might happen that your chosen laptop may be able to run fairly recent games at a reasonable speed with medium-to-low details, but if you're expecting to be able to run Just Cause 3 or whatever the latest Generic Ubisoft Open-World Game is, don't bet on it.

That said, I'm currently rocking a 2013 Samsung Ativ Book 2, which has an Intel Core i5-4200 and 8 GB RAM, and it somehow manages to run quite a lot of stuff, including the latest dev builds of GZDoom. I paid $550 for it.
Nash

Post by Nash »

edward850 wrote:
Nash wrote:I know this is a troll account but I was wondering what the screenshot from https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/583135989058703360 is from, I'm curious.
DoomGLES. Although I don't know why you would want to purposefully look for something that looks like butts. :P

Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

Having a desktop is fine but I don't need one. At Best Buy I thank I paid $545 for mine but that was 6 or 8 years ago. Thank you guys for the advice but for right now I'm just looking around for a good Windows 8 laptop that is the right price for me.

I'm not buying a laptop computer at Walmart or target. The only places that I would go is Best Buy, Sam's Club, or hhgreg. I can go to HP and I can customize my on laptop and put in whatever but it will properly cost a lot to that. I don't know I have to see you guys.

Loismustdie555 do you want the drawing to be colored or not?
Blox

Post by Blox »

I heard you like records
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtop ... 12&t=15685
well let's break some.
(I also have the record for most games won in a single day, which would be 6)
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

Who Me?
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

[quote="Hellsmith1"]Having a desktop is fine but I don't need one. At Best Buy I thank I paid $545 for mine but that was 6 or 8 years ago. Thank you guys for the advice but for right now I'm just looking around for a good Windows 8 laptop that is the right price for me.

I'm not buying a laptop computer at Walmart or target. The only places that I would go is Best Buy, Sam's Club, or hhgreg. I can go to HP and I can customize my on laptop and put in whatever but it will properly cost a lot to that. I don't know I have to see you guys.

Hellsmith1,I'm not trying to be sarcastic,but please hurry and buy a computer.The suspense is killing me. :|
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Finally rockin' windows 7! Soon I'm gonna install all my good stuff and i'll be back in action!
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I'll go to the psychologist today. Again.
Seriously, if he says "There might be this and that" and "we'll wait for now" again , I really don't know who the hell is able to help me.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Finally rockin' windows 7!
:S

I hope you're waiting for Windows 10 though.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

undead003 wrote:
Sgt. Shivers wrote:Finally rockin' windows 7!
:S

I hope you're waiting for Windows 10 though.
Until it's out and we can see how good it is, 7 seems like the best bet to me.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Seems like, is not. Look ahead, but not too far ahead. Do you see where I'm going? It's not that bad.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Windows 8.1 isn't too bad for me.Tried Windows 10 beta,it worked ok.So now,I'm saving money to buy 10 when it comes out.At least that way,I can pay cash in full.I figure on a limit of between $800-$1500.Not super fancy,but something I can work with. 8-)
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

undead003 wrote:I hope you're waiting for Windows 10 though.
I know I'm waiting for it to mature and stabilize. My dad's been tinkering with the public beta and it's not bad so far.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

At some point I plan on replacing my C drive with a solid-state drive. I've been told that it's better to upgrade my computer to Windows 8.1 or 10 if I do so, though; something about how Windows 7 doesn't know to minimize read/writes on the system drive and will wear out the SSD faster as a result. Any truth to this?

Return to “Off-Topic”