ZDoom 2.3.0 released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

ace

Re: ZDoom 2.3.0 released

Post by ace »

FROCK YEAH!

*scurries back into dark corner*
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Eriance wrote: Now, Doomscipt is next? :D :D :D
It will surely be implemented in version 18.3.0. ;)
skadoomer

Post by skadoomer »

§-Morpheus-§ wrote:It will surely be implemented in version 18.3.0.
So soon?
Graf Zahl wrote: UDMF is in its infancy right now but trust me, in the future, when UDMF features get used extensively, WA maps will look old.
But what will become of Zeth?

And whats is this about vertex lopes? What are they and why is everyone so excited?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Pfft. ZETH hasn't been updated in years, either.
ReX

Post by ReX »

skadoomer wrote:And whats is this about vertex lopes? What are they and why is everyone so excited?
Well, originally the intention was to make vertices just walk. But then Randy decided that a walking vertex would get boring very soon. Hence the decision to make them lope (sort of like wolves). Heh.

But all kidding aside, I'm guessing that vertex slopes are extensions of the current slope things that are attached to vertices to create sloped adjacent sectors. They will have z co-ordinate values that will have the same effect as the things. Also, it appears that vertices will be allowed to have both Zc and Zf (ceiling & floor) values, which would make sloped floors and ceilings easier to create.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

randy wrote:Pfft. ZETH hasn't been updated in years, either.
I know. :( Until I *can't* use it, I'm not gonna stop though.
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

ReX wrote:But all kidding aside, I'm guessing that vertex slopes are extensions of the current slope things that are attached to vertices to create sloped adjacent sectors. They will have z co-ordinate values that will have the same effect as the things. Also, it appears that vertices will be allowed to have both Zc and Zf (ceiling & floor) values, which would make sloped floors and ceilings easier to create.
Correct. Vertex Slope things (See also their entry at the bottom of the [wiki]Slopes[/wiki] page) are things to slope triangular sectors. They are placed exactly over top of the vertex to modify, and use an absolute Z-height. However, they only slope sectors that have exactly three sides, no more. Even if multiple lines are collinear in a triangle-shaped sector, the sector will not be sloped. This limitation can also be used to disqualify specific sectors for slope application.
Tubers

Post by Tubers »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
randy wrote:Pfft. ZETH hasn't been updated in years, either.
I know. :( Until I *can't* use it, I'm not gonna stop though.
Since ZETH is rubbish someone should try something new :P
ReX

Post by ReX »

tubers93 wrote:Since ZETH is rubbish someone should try something new :P
I understand that you were half-joking, but Zeth being "rubbish" is somewhat a matter of opinion. I know that you or Graf or someone else will jump all over this statement and point out various technical reasons that it's an "outdated POS". I won't deny any of those arguments; however, the bottom line is how the user applies the tool and how s/he has learned to overcome its various limitations. And in the end, what it boils down to is results: Has the application of an out-of-date tool resulted in a quality product? Are you or Graf or anyone else going to deny that LilWhiteMouse has produced superior work, despite sticking with an "outdated POS" "rubbish" tool?

I find myself in a similar situation, being a user of WadAuthor. Let me assure you and Graf and anyone else who wants to remind me that I am behind the times, that once I find it less convenient to use an old tool than to learn the use of a new one, I will readily switch. Until then, reminders that I continue to live in the twentieth century are needless goadings that fail to serve their purpose.

And by the way, there are many well-known literary authors who continue to use old-fashioned paper and pencil while aspiring to create their next masterpiece.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

ReX, you should excuse Tuber's posts as he seems to just look at the latest post and reply without any thought.
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

Cheers on the new release!

A question though. Am I the only one getting fatal error crashes on trying to load an autosave?
Tubers

Post by Tubers »

Cutmanmike wrote:ReX, you should excuse Tuber's posts as he seems to just look at the latest post and reply without any thought.
I was about to say the same really, I can't think right sometimes :?
Btw the plural is Tubers' :wink:
Though ReX has a point, old fashioned stuff can be appreciated.
Pinky's ass

Post by Pinky's ass »

Finally. :wub: :glomp: :rock:
Sagittaire

Post by Sagittaire »

Lovely! Just...lovely.
More stuff to play with.

Thanks a lot Randy, Graf.

Time to test this baby out!...
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Curunir wrote:A question though. Am I the only one getting fatal error crashes on trying to load an autosave?
Is an autosave specifically different from a manul save invoked via F6? 'Cause reloading from manual saves seem to work for me.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”