ZDoom 2.2.0

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: ZDoom 2.2.0

Post by DoomRater »

Mention +INGORESKILL for sure. Setting this on a magazine ammo for reloading guns effectively removes all reloading problems on easiest/hardest. The only trouble is most weaponsmiths aren't aware of its existence yet.
Redboy

Post by Redboy »

Thank You Randy and friends and DOOM Community :thumb:
skadoomer

Post by skadoomer »

Major Additions, at a glance:

Code: Select all

-Custom damage types
-Custom pain chances
-custom damage effectiveness to make monsters stronger/weaker against custom damage types
-Custom state labels
-User Constructable Statusbars
-Custom Skill settings to modify or add user definable skill settings to the skill selection menu.
-most thing functions treat a tid of 0 as an activator tid.
-Many things ported from skulltag including powerups and flags for increased port compatability.
-New D3d renderer for better vista support
-Startup screens that mimic the dos versions of all games
-enddoom lump support for displaying dos graphic lumps once zdoom quits. 
other additions (in cronological order...sort of)

Code: Select all

-added custom blood on an actor to actor basis into decorate
-added in custom damage types. 
-added in custom state labels. Actors are nolonger bound to Spawn, See, Death, ect. Players can define their own states.
-added in custom painchances for custom damage types. 
-added in smart autoaim code to prevent the targeting of friendly monsters.
-added Skulltag-type armor bonus that increases the max amount that can be given by other armor items.
-added new flag that prevents bleeding actors from spawning blood decals.
-added in startup screens to mimic those of the dos executables for heretic, hexen, strife and doom.
-added in enddoom support to momic the dos exit screen used in dos.
-added customizable border textures. They will be defined with the MAPINFO keyword 'bordertexture' and are settable per map.
-added custom label support to A_Chase and A_VileChase
-Added r_maxparticles CVAR from Skulltag
-Added Skulltag's REDMAP and GREENMAP
-Added a Player.RunHealth property to expose the StrifePlayer's behavior of not being able to run when its health is below 10.
-added Grubber's submission for customizable gravity per actor.
-Added a summonfoe CCMD, which is analagous to summonfriend but forces the summoned creature to be hostile instead.
-Added support for damage-specific player pain sounds
-Added two new MAPINFO flags to control what actor activates impact lines:
    * MissileShootersActivateImpactLines - the current behavior.
    * MissilesActivateImpactLines - the original Hexen behavior.
-Added damage-specific player death sounds, in the same fashion as the
  damage-specific player pain sounds. It looks for a sound with a name like
  "*death-damagetype" first and then "*death" if the first sound didn't exist.
-Added more player water sounds:
    *dive - Played when your head goes below water.
    *surface - Played when your head goes back above water.
    *gasp - Played when you were drowning and get your air back.
- Added: Using "*" with ACS's music commands will play the level's default music set in MAPINFO.
- Added two new cvars (win_x and win_y) that keep track of the window  position when not playing in fullscreen mode.
- Added Grubber's submission for printing key bindings in ACS.
- Added an IF_KEEPDEPLETED flag for inventory items to keep them in the  player's inventory even when they have been used up. If the item also  has an inventory bar icon, it will be drawn darkened while it is depleted.
- Added an AttackZOffset to PlayerPawn. This is the offset from the center of the player at which their attacks are fired and scales   according to their crouched height.
-Added a new SetActorState ACS function:
    int SetActorState (int tid, str statename, optional bool exact);
  If tid is 0, it affects the script activator, otherwise it affects all the matching actors. Statename is the name of the state you want to put the  actor in. The final parameter, exact, specifies whether or not partial state name matches are accepted. If you don't specify it or set it to false, if you try to do something like:
    SetActorState (0, "Foo.Bar");
  And the actor has a Foo state but no Foo.Bar state, it will enter the Foo state. If you set exact to true:
    SetActorState (0, "Foo.Bar", true);
  Then the actor must have a Foo.Bar state, or it will not change state at all, even if it has a Foo state. The return value for this function is the number of actors that successfully changed state. Note that you should refrain from using this function to enter special states such as Death, or unpredictable results could occur.
-added a CANUSEWALLS flag which allows a monster to activate 'use' specials like doors. This flag is on by default for any monster which was the previous behavior.
-Added Thing_Stop action special.
-Added damage factors that allows to make monsters more or less resistant to specific damage types.
-Added Skulltag's Drain and Regeneration runes as powerups and used specific player sounds for their sound effects.
-Added Skulltag's PowerQuadDamage and PowerQuarterDamage as more customizable PowerDamage and PowerProtection. These new powerups allow free customization of the damage modification per damage type by inheriting from these classes and setting specific values. Such derived damage/protection powerups will be considered as separate powers so that for example a QuadDamage and a DoubleDamage item can be stacked which would result in 8x damage.
-added Skulltag's high jump rune as a powerup
-added Skulltag's custom F1 help screen MAPINFO option.
-added flag so that exploding items can be created which are able to hurt boss monsters.
-Added a flag that allows using things to execute their specials.
-Added a compatibility option to restore the original behavior of the Invisibility powerup.
-Added damage type specific pain chances and an NOPAIN flag that can be used to suppress entering the pain state altogether.
-added telefrag option to A_SpawnItemEx.
-Added option to A_Chase that prevents the monster from moving.
-Added skill definitions to MAPINFO
-Added Karate Chris's submission for 'allowrespawn' MAPINFO option
-Added Karate Chris's submission for scoreboard enhancement
-Added IWAD-based [*.Autoload] ini support for games that have more than one
  IWAD. They are:
  * [Doom1.Autoload]
  * [Doom2.Autoload]
  * [Plutonia.Autoload]
  * [TNT.Autoload]
  * [HexenDK.Autoload]
-Added Blzut3's SBARINFO submission.
-Added SnowKate709's A_LookEx submission.
-Added Karate Chris's TEAMINFO submission
-Added Karate Chris's 'Take' console command submission.
-added UseInventory/UseActorInventory ACS functions.
-Added MartinHowe's submission for A_CustomBulletAttack aimfacing parameter.
-Added MartinHowe's submission for A_PlaySoundEx attenuation parameter.
-Added: Automap markers are stored in savegames now. 
-Added a 'No respawn' DMFlag2 which prevents a player from respawning after they have died.
-Added a 'Keep frags gained' DMFlag2 which allows you to choose whether you want to reset the frags of each player next level or not.
-Added a small visual enhancement to the cooperative scoreboard to show if a player has died.
-Added GZDoom's Sector_Outside sector type which forces outside fog regardless of ceiling texture.
-Added support for user-defined crosshairs in the Display Options menu. See xhairs.txt in zdoom.pk3. It's pretty simple.
-Added Skulltag's SAME_SPAWN_SPOT flags.
-Added Karate Chris's patch for menu opening console commands.
-Added Skulltag's pickup sprite and related information to the pistol. This will also double as the pistol's icon in the AltHUD.
-Added a generic log display that can show Strife's log messages in all games regardless of the current game, active status bar and HUD mode.
-Added GZDoom's alt HUD.
-Added subtract and reverse subtract blending operations to the renderer.
-Added support for stencilling actors.
-Added .txt files to the list of types (wad, zip, and pk3) that can be loaded without listing them after -file.
-Added 'Ice' translation to DECORATE.
-Added Karate Chris's patch for teamplay MAPINFO option.
-Added Karate Chris's patch for custom damage color per player class.
-Added Karate Chris's patch for respawnlimit skill property.
-Added support for AttackZOffset to P_RailAttack.
-Added the ACS script type "return". These are executed by players who return to a map they've previously been to.
I ommited some stuff about the renderer and took some liberties with other tings. I was in a rush so i didn't know how to explain, at a glance, what karatie chris contributed in terms of the scoreboard and teaminfo lumps.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Mad props to Brian for taking the time to compile that list. I can never imagine going through the changelog like that. :)
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I keep up on the changelog to make sure there isn't some new feature or flag I can use/abuse.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Thanks, guys.
SilentRage

Post by SilentRage »

Oh... my... God... Could it be that hell has frozen over, again!?

Great job Randy and Graf!!!
:cheers:
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Following a link I found out that there is (since feb 14) the ZDoom 2.2.0! Great! thanks!!
TOGoS

Post by TOGoS »

Wheeee!

Being a bit of a old-school mapper it'll probably be a while before I actually use any of these features, but it's good to see that Randy's still keeping up teh ZDooms 8-)
Virgil

Post by Virgil »

Sweet jesus... Now I HAVE to come back to mapping for ZDOOM again! Before Smash Bros brawl takes my soul.

I believe the word DANKALICIOUS!!!!11oneoen best describes this update.
Avanze

Post by Avanze »

Awesome, a new zdoom.
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Wow. What an impressive update. This is more exciting than a fist fight with a grizzly bear!
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Ah, but what about a fist fight with a grizzly bear with ACS scripting? Hmm... :P

This is bloody amazing, truly! And to think I've been stressing about whether or not to quit using SVN features. A surprise and a half, this is!

Also: TogoS and Virgil! Egad, it's good to see you two around again! Ooh boy... Claust 2 and Crapi Deluxe, anyone? Hehe, having you two around is just as cool as seeing the new ZDoom, I say. :P
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Xaser wrote:Ah, but what about a fist fight with a grizzly bear with ACS scripting? Hmm... :P
If I were making a Hajime No Ippo TC you'd see just that. >D
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Virgil wrote:Sweet jesus... Now I HAVE to come back to mapping for ZDOOM again! Before Smash Bros brawl takes my soul.
*gasp* Claust 2?! Maybe?... maybe?

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”