A question to consider

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
SyntherAugustus

A question to consider

Post by SyntherAugustus »

With all the wonderful talent in the community, instead of making a 2nd episode of er... ZUltimate Doom, why not put all the efforts into making a non-commercial game using the powerful engine zdoom/gzdoom has become?

I think more effort needs to me made for making original things rather than constant remakes.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

Approved.
Belial

Post by Belial »

Seconded. Even more so if it were to be something for Strife.
Deathsong12

Post by Deathsong12 »

I'd love to be on a project like this, especially for Strife. All I need is people capable of graphics. Good mappers wouldn't hurt, but I have a couple of ideas that could be cool.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

Deathsong12 wrote:All I need is
Feeling egocentric today, are we?
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

the wonderful talent in the community
Hint hint.

I don't like it when people do all this "I'll supply the ideas if you do all the hard work" thing. Any moron can come up with ideas for a great project, it's the people who make it take form that matter. There's not one member of KDIZD who isn't involved in the creative process, be it mapping or graphics design. Things just seem to work better that way.

Strife would be ideal. It would be a great way to see just what can be done when the abilities of Strife and ZDoom/GZDoom come together.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Strife's abilities can be used in the other games as well - if you don't insist on being compatible with .98's outdated DECORATE support.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Fiddlesticks, why not a new game with a stand alone IWAD?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

I like NMN's idea. That would be cool.

8-)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I don't really mind, though the only games I have are Doom, Doom2 and UDoom (ok, tnt and plutonia too), so editing for anything other than those cuts me right out.

Why don't we try finished ZDCMP2? We've got quite far already. (Yes I can include myself in that project)
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Goto HOTU and title search Strife.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Heh, someone decided to finally point this out. Granted I'm not doing too hot at the moment as things in my life are finally starting to work out, but I'd still be will to help contribute to a new and original project.
skadoomer

Re: A question to consider

Post by skadoomer »

blackfish wrote:With all the wonderful talent in the community, instead of making a 2nd episode of er... ZUltimate Doom, why not put all the efforts into making a non-commercial game using the powerful engine zdoom/gzdoom has become?
I call mine foreverhood.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Ninja_of_DooM wrote:
the wonderful talent in the community
Hint hint.

"I'll supply the ideas if you do all the hard work" t

Im not saying that, Im just suggesting originality to the community.

edit: oh and skadoomer you get applause for making foreverhood, I'm mainly talking to the kdizd gang.

The reason Im posting this is that I'm seeing tormenter's and other people's talent being used all up for remakes, while it should be used for original stuff. I dont want the shores of zdoom, I want....a new fun fps using gzdoom. Skadoomer's going in that direction thankfully.

I'm making my own stuff btw, but just at a super slow pace (concept drawing stage woo!)

BTW Ska what's going on with foreverhood's progress. Dont want to rush you but just wondering. :)
skadoomer

Post by skadoomer »

short answer is work is still being done, but i just made a move from NY to lancaster PA, so i'm in the process of getting a real job abd trying to survive on my own. Times been a little rough these days, but the good news is i'm now living with one of my teammates for the project. Nate is responsible for making the nightmare and has some of the most insane art i've ever seen. So far he is doing the more drwing specific stuff (like emblems) and I do most of the rest.

Hopefully the website will be updated this week so you can see the new glitter that is the latest foreverhood level.

Return to “General”