Enhanced Plasma Projectiles

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
KeksDose

Enhanced Plasma Projectiles

Post by KeksDose »

Well, I thought the plasma projectiles seemed quite boring without spark effects P: I was just messing with a new particle effect technique (mostly learned from Solar's stuff P: ), which works out satisfying.

Included are green and blue spark spawner (up, down, forward) and some stupidly drawn flares :P

Also, if you like using these two spawners: Go on, use them how you like, just credit me :D

Oh, and GZDoom is 100% recommended :P

[EDIT]
Scroll down :P
Last edited by KeksDose on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Reminds me qa lot of the ones from UTNT you filthy thief ;) Hehe, just kidding, it looks cool and beautiful but the colors do not match perfectly. The sparks seem to be more cyan, not like the originqal blue from the plasma gun itself.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

There we go again... ;) Colors are my weak point while making effects :P Oh, and they're quite different from the UTNT ones: The sparks are about half as large and they go into a specific direction, not down P:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Nice, although I agree with Torm about the cyan colour.

Also, I suggest giving the sparks the +dontsplash flag as they kick up a helluva lot of water if you fire them over a pool with a splash wad loaded. :)

[edit]Heh, and they shouldn't be able to teleport either.[/edit]
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

You must had a giant load of fun while making these little sparks teleport to somewhere else :P

OK, another version :P Colors should be fixed now. And I added a new yellow spark actor for the "Arachnotron Plasma Shot". Also, the sparks have the inability to teleport \ splash P:
Attachments
EnhancedPlasma.wad
(54.06 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
doom2day

Post by doom2day »

Welcome to the party KeksDose!
Good job there!
Risen

Post by Risen »

Looks great! But still not perfect; all projectiles have lost their decals. Also, the BFG's sparks seem pretty weak. I'd expect something much more spectacular there. (bigger sparks and more momentum at the very least)
Xaeverion

Post by Xaeverion »

The arachnotron plasma doesn't have a new cool death state, although I'm not complaining.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

OK, bit newer P::
Made the sparks a bit bigger.

Sped up the sparks a bit, looks a bit better.

The projectiles have their decals again.

[EDIT]
Skulltag \ ZDoom friendly version (1. 9. 2007)
Attachments
EnhancedPlasmaST.wad
(56.34 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Return to “Editing (Archive)”