62.cab

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Aside from the stolen sprite: interesting.

I have a few comments about your missile, though:

1. When launched the SeeSound is played automatically and when it explodes the DeathSound. There is no need to put some sound playing calls in there.
2. Instead of +missile it's better to use Projectile. It sets a few other flags which can be important on occasion.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sorry baout the sprite, Cant draw em for crap. By the way how do you use Projectile anyway?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Just replace '+missile' with 'Projectile' in the definition.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Chilvence wrote: About the lack of paramaters issue - This is a tentative suggestion, and kinda hacky, but would it be plausible to use rendundant extra states to store more information about the monster? IE the first three or four states assigned to an actor could be used to hold a bunch of extra stuff (although I'm not sure how you would use it)
I found a better solution for the CustomMissile function:

The two bytes store an index into an array of parameters. This way I didn't need to hack around stuff like this which can be error prone and introduce problems when used with A_Jump.
Location: Denver, CO How do they get teflon to stick to the pan?

Post by Sticky »

Wow! Falmeguy's attack teleports... how long have we been able to do that!?!?! Is this old news? Stupid Sticky playing 1.22 for all that time....

Edit: That would be Flameguy.. not falmeguy.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

giest118 wrote:Is that UberBouncy vs ZFLYNGTHNG?
[whoops, forgot to specify] Yeah, against ALL The Zflyingthings [also including the bouncys which you ripped off of me]
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Yeah, sorry about ripping the Bouncys off of you... that was supposed to be a joke.

Anyway, someone said something about the level for my THINGYMONSTERS being to small to fight the boss. So, here is an updated level, where you go to a bigger battlefield to fight him.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Oh, no problem. it just made me laugh and surprise me. [also, i did react when i saw the z flier because of that red thing, going [WHAT THE?!!!]] Very clever. also, i liked your Flying thingie. I also like your Thingymonsters.
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

This thread is so last week...

Post by Sticky »

Perhaps... but like... umm, will someone answer my question about teleporting projectiles à la Duke. How long have we been able to do that? Why don't I know a thing about editing.... (that's rhetorical).

Sticky's Tantrum.

Post by Sticky »

*Bump*

No, seriously. I'm bumping this topic back up to the top so that hopefully someone will satiate my curiostiy.

I'm dying to know more about this teleporting projectiles thing--how long have we been able to do that in zdoom? Are there any wads that have made the changes to the stock weapons, and if so, where can I find them??? etc. etc.

I don't necessarily want to know how to do it (cause I don't edit), but I would like to know how much playing has been done with it in the past.
Please? Sugar on top? Sprinkles?
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

I think there was a bug report about teleporting projectiles a week or so ago; something about, um, a flag they were missing, or something. I can't find the thread now, but I'll keep looking...

...no wonder I couldn't find it, it wasn't a bug :P http://www.zdoom.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... rojectiles looks like it's nothing special due to ZDoom, just need to dehackedify a flag off of whatever projectile you're using. Or don't set it in the first place.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

It's the bit PCROSS. Every standard Doom projectile has that bit already set. But in order to clear it off you must add it as a bit. So just use this

Code: Select all

Thing 34 (Rocket (in air))
Bits = PCROSS
and your rockets will be teleportable. I've been using this since version 29. Lately for ceathmatch I've been using

Bits = PCROSS + FLOATBOB
Just to give the rocket a kind of wind resistant look to it.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Lumpy wrote:It's the bit PCROSS. Every standard Doom projectile has that bit already set. But in order to clear it off you must add it as a bit. So just use this

Bits = PCROSS
and your rockets will be teleportable. I've been using this since version 29. Lately for ceathmatch I've been using

Bits = PCROSS + FLOATBOB
Just to give the rocket a kind of wind resistant look to it.
No, the flag that controls teleporting is NOTELEPORT. But with setting PCROSS you are clearing it automatically. That's why this works.
Jon

Post by Jon »

They teleport? Weird...

Return to “General”